Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ronaldo: "Scoring increases confidence, but the team comes first"

Cristiano Ronaldo
realmadrid.com

With his first four league matches as a Madridista out of the way, Cristiano Ronaldo is already on top of the league scoring chart and has broken Real Madrid's record for the best start in club history. But in an interview with Spain's Telecinco, Cristiano Ronaldo made it clear that the first priority is always team success.

“The team always comes first. I scored against Villarreal, and scoring increases confidence, but the three points were the main priority.” “I had a clear path from the midfield and went straight towards the goal. I dedicated it to Raul because before the match he told me I was going to score. Thank God things are going well, and it is all due to my teammates. They are helping me a lot.” “I knew things would go well. I just needed to be patient and stick to the same plan I had in Manchester. I understand that there are people who do not like what I do on the pitch, but it is just the way I play. That is who I am and I will continue being that person.” “I am happy in Madrid. I am adjusting little by little. I wanted to come here for some time and the club helped me make it a reality.” “People wait for us as we leave Valdebebas and I can feel their support. We stop when we can because they want to show us that they stand by us. They motivate us to continue working hard.” “Barça is a great team and a solid squad. We are going to go head to head all season long, so we'll see who comes out on top.”

No comments:

Post a Comment