Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ancelotti thinks long term

Carlo Ancelotti wants a long-term future at Chelsea before bringing down the curtain on his career in six years.

The Italian coach has guided the Blues to eight straight wins in all competitions so far this season.

But the former AC Milan coach admits he has changed his mind about retiring on a number of occasions since he began his managerial adventure in 1995.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he is not contemplating retirement from the profession but Ancelotti has set his sights on finally walking away from the game in 2015.

long time

"I started to train in 1995 and, after two years of this job, I thought that, for me, I would end my career in 2000," said Ancelotti.

"When I got to 2000, I said: 'Now it's better to continue because I like this.'

"I thought I'd close my career in 2005 but after the Champions League final defeat against Liverpool, I thought it was better to continue. Now, my stop is 2015.

"I hope to stay here. It depends not only on me. But I can say that, after three months here, I hope to stay a long time."

No comments:

Post a Comment